Wednesday, 12 December, 2012
On the First Day of Christmas
We all have those hard to buy for males in our lives but on the First Day of Flooring Xtra Christmas, we have an idea that will help you make your mans day without breaking the bank.
To create your own RAINBEER all you need is:
- Carry pack of any drink providing the tops of the bottles are shown. 6 packs are most effictive and it can be Beer, Cider, Lemon Lime Bitters even Coke!
- Pack of Brown coloured pipecleaners (approx 8).
- Pack of Googley Eyes (approx 12).
- Little Red Pompoms (approx 6).
- PVA glue or a Hot Glue Gun
All of these little craft items listed are available at $2 shops and craft isles.
1. Bend the brown pipecleaners around the bottlecap at the top of the bottle and shape into antlers.
2. Cut a second piece of pipecleaner and bend around the main pipecleaner antlers you have created to give your Rainbeer more points on its antlers.
2. Use PVA Glue or a Hot Glue Gun to stick two googley eyes on the lower neck of the bottle.
3. Use PVA Glue or a Hot Glue Gun to stick a red pomom nose below the googley eyes to make a nose.
4. Gift to a very lucky gent in your life!
Tuesday, 04 December, 2012
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
We are in the Christmas season fa la la la la la la la la laa...
The time for getting flooring installed before Christmas at your local Flooring Xtra store will be getting very slim now but it is a great time to go instore and have a browse at what you might like to do to freshen up your home in 2013, after all it is only weeks away.
Time for thoughts to turn to family and friends, both near and far.
Here are my top 10 tips for a Cool Kiwi Christmas:
1. Forget the diet and the gym, rather go diet tonic and gin!
2. Christmas is a season, not just one day, spread the love
3. Make a family time out of decorating the Christmas tree, remember to ‘fluff your Christmas tree (if its artificial) from the bottom layer up, bend the branches alternately up and down so the tree will look thick and branches will cover the centre stem
4. Dont tighten the screws on the bottom of your tree to the stand, so when you are decorating the tree, you can stand in one place and turn the tree to decorate it
5. Test your lights before you put them on the tree, then the easiest way to put your lights on your tree is to go up and down the tree
6. Start decorating with plain balls which in mass set the colour theme for your tree
7. I give a Christmas decoration every year to my granddaughter, so when she leaves home she will have her own set of Christmas decorations.
8. Ask for help, offer help and share the load. Its not just mums job to man the kitchen
9. Take time out as well as time off, allow some time just for you
10. Make time to relax with those you love
From everyone at Flooring Xtra, we wish you a happy Christmas season. Stay tuned for our 12 Day of Christmas coming soon packed with Craft Ideas, Decorating Genious and Devine Recipes.
Tuesday, 18 September, 2012
Flooring Xtra stores around the country seem to have caught the Homeshow Bug. Hitting the road, setting up stands and handing out samples and advice galore, the Flooring Xtra roadshow seems to be in full force.
Our resident in house cuddle buddy Soft•e, has been the star of the show featuring first up at The Auckland Homeshow. With thousands of visitors swinging by to see the luxurious, soft and huggable Soft•e carpet that is just as loveable as your favourite teddy bear, our staff were kept plenty busy! But no rest for the wicked, Soft•e then hit the road and travelled to Te Awamutu for the weekend, appearing at their local Homeshow.
With summer creeping up on our backdoor there isn't a better time to start planning those renovation and revamps to our homes than now. Get in quick enough and you could have it all ready just in time for Christmas. Keep an eye out at your local Homeshow for Soft•e and Flooring Xtra as you never know where we could be next. Better yet, pop into your nearest store to see what the fuss is about with the cute little Soft•e, we are always close at hand and ready to help!